Unchanged in design for hundreds of years, Staddle Stones (also known as mushroom stones), were originally used to raise barns and granaries off the ground. This kept the produce from spoiling when close to the damp ground, and also prevented mice from eating the food, as they couldn't climb past the staddle stone caps. Due to regional influences, they come in various types of stone with slight variations of form. They are extremely popular as garden ornaments in rural areas of England. Crafted of Fiber Stone for a quality look that will withstand the elements. Fiber Stone is fiberglass with a mixture of sand and stones cast into the surface followed by a hand painted finish to give the appearance of aged stone. Since it is reinforced with a fiberglass backing, the statue remains light-weight and less fragile than concrete. Each item is finished by artists and is original artwork, therefore no two are identical. This is a made to order item, please allow 3-4 weeks for delivery; any returns or cancellations will be subject to a 15% restocking fee.
- Dimensions: 24"H x 17"W x 17"D
- Weighs 20 pounds.
- Made from Durable Fiber Stone
Available in five finishes:
- White Moss (white wash with hints of moss) (shown)
- Sandstone (yellow ocre with revealed earth tones)
- Verde (rich green with a brown wash)
- Cathedral White (white with a brown wash)
- Pompeii (yellows with revealed natural stone)