Saint Francis of Assisi is known as the patron saint of animals, the environment and one of the two patrons of Italy (with Catherine of Siena), and it is customary for Catholic churches to hold ceremonies blessing animals on his feast day of 4 October. He was also a Catholic deacon and the founder of the Order of Friars Minor, more commonly known as the Franciscans. Crafted from fiberstone to withstand the elements. Fiber stone is a mixture of sand, stone, and resin cast into the surface using terrazzo-like techniques. The surface is hand finished, followed by a stain to give the appearance of aged stone. Since it is reinforced with a fiberglass backing, the statue remains light-weight and less fragile than concrete. Each item is finished by artisits and is original artwork, therefore no two are identical. This is a made to order item, please allow 3-4 weeks for delivery; any returns or cancellations will be subject to a 15% restocking fee.
- Dimensions: 37"H x 13"W x 9"D
- Weight: 20 lbs.
- Made of Durable Fiber Stone
Available in five finishes:
- White Moss (white wash with hints of moss)(shown)
- Sandstone (yellow ocre with revealed earth tones)
- Verde (rich green with a brown wash)
- Cathedral White (white with a brown wash)
- Pompeii (yellows with revealed natural stone)